Before and After
Implementing a Fervit Fasteners Kanban system streamlines material procurement and optimises warehouse management, resulting in significant time and cost savings.
With the support of the Kanban Supply Chain Team, Fervit Fasteners establishes a strong partnership with its customers, offering a consulting service for the implementation of a customised Kanban system proposal.
By studying the production process, Fervit Fasteners supports the customer in defining the parameters necessary for Kanban to function properly:
- average consumption of items per unit of time
- Kanban average stock coverage
- backup stock level
- size and amount of the containers
- Hopper front
- with and without transparent flap, for easy handling at assembly benches
- with cover for products that need to be protected from dirt
- The most commonly used standard types:
- 230x150x122 mm (2.7 Lt. capacity)
- 350x220x145 mm (7.5 Lt. capacity)
Material refill requests are made automatically using devices selected according to the customer's needs.
Consumption can be independently monitored by the customer by accessing the Fervit Fasteners web portal.
- The web portal enables easy and functional monitoring of key material consumption indicators by showing:
- The complete list of codes managed in kanban with the status of each individual container shown.
- Stocks/Consumption in sales order with indication of last picking date.
KB ID BOX
The data relating to the consumption of the individual material in the kanban container is automatically transferred to our ERP system by positioning the container in the RFID portal.
This system simplifies the "unloading" operations of the containers consumed, increasing the speed of transferring data by reducing possible operator errors.
In the analysis phase, the existing configuration is studied with the customer to assess the various options available:
- SINGLE CENTRAL KANBAN
- DEPARTMENTAL WAREHOUSE KANBAN
- ASSEMBLY LINE KANBAN
This is all about defining quantity and frequency of supply to ensure optimum delivery times.
Once the need for a product has been established, the following is agreed together with the customer:
- the lay-out
- our operator's walk-through of the customer's warehouse to enable the best possible replenishment of products, including in-line.
- kanban refilling methods
- the sizing of the shelves
- supply schedules